Warning about importing animated GIFs

Graham graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Wed Aug 6 12:31:08 EDT 2003

I imported a folder full of animated GIFs onto a card. AFAIK they weren't
set to animate when I created them in Photoshop Elements, but when they
arrived on the card (there were 18 GIFs) my PC was so busy animating them
that I couldn't get RunRev to respond to mouse clicks etc and had to force
quit. I got around this eventually by importing them into a card that
wasn't visible and sending a message to each GIF to stop it. I don't know
any other way to avoid this result. I do find it odd that GIFs animate even
when the IDE is in 'edit' rather than 'browse' mode. Maybe this is a minor
bug in the IDE?

Graham