Revolution speed sucks?

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Tue Aug 5 23:57:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 10:26  PM, yoy wrote:

> Still, PERLotto is way faster, but I have some trial days left to work
> it
> out.

When all the no-nos are corrected, I would wager, the Rev version will
be faster :-)

Perl, although fast, does not have as sophisticated compilation as Rev.
I think Perl is still interpreted from start to finish. Correct me if
I'm wrong anybody....

Especially in a tight loop such as your lotto program, after the first
step of the loop, the Rev app is running compiled code. Perl is running
interpreted code all to the last step.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com