Revolution speed sucks?

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Tue Aug 5 21:24:01 EDT 2003

yoy wrote:
> I ran my stack "OmniLotto" and generated 5000 random powerball games. Then
> it ran. It .took over 30 minutes!!!
>
> I saved the 5000 gamelist and ran it through my PERLotto perl script out to
> "results.txt".
>
> It took only 1 second!!!!!!!
>
> What gives? Are my script routines way out of order? It certainly seems so!
>
> GEEZ......... Day 5 (?)  gonzo.
>
> Andy

About GUI-based apps : I had, some days ago, a real difficulty to figure
me out why Rev runs slower than MC in some situations : The only
work-around i found went to avoid to put too many objects on a same card.

About console-mode apps : Rev and MC are exactly similar about the high
speed (lots faster than Java-based apps) they are able to handle in
running console-mode deamon apps.

About Jaguar, regarding  Linux or Win32 : In about GUI-based RR/MC apps
under Jaguar : They are running lots more slower than under Linux or
Win32. Hope that Panther will be a little more "reactive".

--
Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Serveurs d'applications et SGBDR (Web/PGI)
Penser et produire l'avantage compétitif