Displaying Live Video in an RR App

Cyberscope cyberscope at dca.net
Tue Aug 5 10:54:01 EDT 2003

I would be immensely grateful to anyone who could supply a few pointers
for a project I am attempting to undertake.
I would like to create a security-type application using R that can
display video from two CCD cameras on the screen of a Mac or
Windows machine.  Ultimately, I would like to press a button and
capture a screen image, with the desired video showing, and save it to
disk.

1.  Is this possible with RR or with RR in conjunction with other
app(s) ?

If yes, then:

2.  Can I access the video through separate USB/Firewire adapter units
(the kind sold for A/V input/capture) ?

3.  Can RR Open/Read the USB drivers that come with these adapters ?

Thank you,
Gene Kennedy