Team projects

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Tue Aug 5 09:46:00 EDT 2003

Greetings,

I've been away from working in Rev a while (off working mostly in
Director, as that is what the clients wanted.)

My company holds one "active" "pro" license and another "dormant." (One
is paid up on renewals, the other not.)

We have some projects which Rev is suited for coming up. We have also
been doing some work in RealBasic, where we have 2 pro licenses as well.

RB lured us with a project management feature, which incidentally, does
not work. But then, the "Project Manager" module is in beta - and as we
all know, "beta" means "lower your expectations of stability."

I'm curious if anyone on this list actively develops software in teams
(more than actively coding developer, plus other support people), and
what techniques you are employing for maintaining a synchronized
modular team project - ideally through a server.

This functionality is pretty important if you have more than one
developer on a team.

Anyone doing anything in this way?

(NOTE : The "RBPM" mentioned above works (if it worked) much like
WebDav, with the ability to log in to a project, check out specific
items for editing, and maintain synchronization of the latest versions.
Like CVS but more simple and seamless.)

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.