FatOS engine

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Tue Aug 5 01:04:00 EDT 2003

On Monday, August 4, 2003, at 10:43  PM, John Tenny wrote:

> I have the Studio version  to be developed in X (seem to work fine)
> and distribute to all. I tried to distribute to just X and it used the
> FAT engine. Anyone else in this boat?

Why do you think it's using the FAT engine? Maybe you need to restart
with a fresh copy of Rev. Sounds like your installation got messed up
somehow - although that shouldn't happen just be renaming an app's
folder.

I am looking at a standalone for OS X built with Rev 2.0.2, and it has
generated an OS X executable not a FAT executable. Here is how you can
probe it from the command line:

# file Standalone_MacOSX_Test/Test.app/Contents/MacOS/Revolution
Standalone_MacOSX_Test/Test.app/Contents/MacOS/Revolution: Mach-O
executable ppc

# otool -L Standalone_MacOSX_Test/Test.app/Contents/MacOS/Revolution
Standalone_MacOSX_Test/Test.app/Contents/MacOS/Revolution:
         /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon
(compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 122.0.0)

/System/Library/Frameworks/QuickTime.framework/Versions/A/QuickTime
(compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 172.0.0)
         /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
(compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 120.3.0)
         /usr/lib/libz.1.1.3.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 1.1.3)
         /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
current version 63.0.0)

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com