Amazing Splash Screen Effect...

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Mon Aug 4 16:16:01 EDT 2003

On Monday, August 4, 2003, at 02:52  PM, Chipp Walters wrote:
> Because PNG's have an 8 bit alpha channel, it's easy to provide a full
> 'anti-aliased' graphic on top of the desktop image captured...thus
> transparencies and soft shadows can be made.

I get it. It's good to know Rev supports PNG so well.

Speaking of antialiasing... how could one antialias graphics objects in
Rev, using a plugin or external? Or does Rev not expose that part of
the engine to user land? One way would be to make a snapshot of the
graphic's rect, and antialias the points of the graphic, hide the
graphic object and show the antaliased image. But getting access to the
actual drawing of the graphics would be even better though.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com