[Suggestion]: 'Lock scrollbars' property

Jim Witte jswitte at bloomington.in.us
Mon Aug 4 11:37:00 EDT 2003

Hi,

   (Disclaimers: I'm only using version 2.0, not 2.0.2, and there may be
better ways to do this - I know it's been discussed at length on the
list)  It seems intuitive that you could set a "Lock scrollbars'
property if you select multiple fields.  The advantage of this (aside
from making UI building easier, see above disclaimer) is that if this
were implemented in Metacard (as opposed to the Rev environment writing
some automatic scrollbarDrag messages) is that code that locks the two
fields together could be done at the C level, not in transcript which
(might) be faster.

   Although I don't know how the various pre-compiling and optimizations
work, so there may be no real speed advantage at all (not that I'm
looking at this from a CS perspective of the most time-efficient
implementation, not the user-level, where it doesn't matter that it
takes a few microseconds more ;)

Jim