serial Import, no Nulls?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Aug 4 11:10:00 EDT 2003

On Monday, August 4, 2003, at 09:31 AM, R. Hillen wrote:

> So it is possible for me to read 8-bit-Data incl. NULs from the serial
> port using Windows or Mac OS.
> On Mac OSX

On Revolution 2.0.1 you can receive a NUL.  However, even in 'for
binary update', you must end a line with LF in write.  This will
probably prevent use with your instrument.

However, if 10 is a harmless command or 10 can be harmless data for a
multibyte command, then you might come up with some trick to get around
this.

The write limitation is bug reported.  I think work is in progress on
OS X serial bugs, but I have not seen anything in 2.1B3.

> I have from my old Mac-OS-days a serial stealth-adapter and found for
> it a OSX driver. But until now I didnt succeed in using it. Probably
> someone on the list knows more about it?

This could be useful, depending on the OS X serial fix schedule.  Could
you provide a URL or some info?  Thanks!

Dar Scott

****
   Dar Scott Consulting    http://www.swcp.com/dsc/    Programming
Services