Amazing Splash Screen Effect...

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Mon Aug 4 01:20:00 EDT 2003

On Sunday, August 3, 2003, at 11:35  PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/Downloads.htm
> (the very bottom of the page)
>
> The effect is an irregular *anti-aliased* splash screen window with
> transparencies and a soft shadow, which dissolves onto the desktop.
> All done
> within RR with no DLL's or XCMD's. Only a few lines of source code in
> the
> stack script. Hope you enjoy it and use it!

Nice work!

What do you mean anti-aliased? Does Quicktime do some blending with
it's dissolve effect?
Without Quicktime installed, on Windows 2000, it looks very granular
when dissolving in.

Also I opening the stack on Mac OS X, and of it does the dissolve with
quicktime which looks nicer. Unfortunately MacOS X puts a drop shadow
around the rect of the Splash stack. Looks kind of funny. Could
probably be remedied using a custom windowshape icon.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com