"Launch Editor" bug - any workarounds?

Igor Couto igor at pixelmedia.com.au
Sun Aug 3 22:16:01 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I reported a bug I'm having with launching the designated "editor"
application from the Inspector (Bug # 70 in RunRev's Bugzilla
database), but have not received a reply yet - the RunRev team are
really, really busy with higher priority bugs I know! I'm not
complaining, I swear! :-)

I was just wondering whether anyone else has experienced the same bug,
and whether there is a known workaround that we, silly newbies, just
fail to see...

Many thanks for any suggestions! I'm trying to convert an old Hypercard
stack that has *LOTS* of pictures in it, and manually having to
copy-paste them into Photoshop is wearing me down...

A copy of the bug report follows:

"In the 'General Preferences' of Revolution I have Adobe Photoshop 7.0
selected
as my 'Image Editor' app. I'm using MacOS X (10.2).

In any stack, when I click on a picture (one created with the Revolution
painting tools), and click on the 'edit' button in the Inspector (to
launch
Photoshop and edit the picture), I get the following warning:

"You haven't selectec an external image editor application, or I
couldn't find
the editor selected. Would you like to select one? (Nothe the editor
you select
must be able to handle PNG format images.)"

I have the option of cancelling, or 'selecting now'. I click on "Select
Now".

A system-standard navigation dialogue box opens, and allows me to select
Photoshop 7 once again. In the navigation dialogue box, I click 'Open'.

A warning message comes up. It says:

"There was a problem launching the editor. no such program"

The only button available is 'Cancel'. Damn, that's frustrating!"

Regards,
--
Igor de Oliveira Couto
igor at pixelmedia.com.au