rtftext and matchChunk

Peterson Trethewey threemanifold at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 3 11:52:01 EDT 2003

I'm trying to use matchChunk to find instances of a
certain word in only part of a field.  I created the
field's content by setting rtfText.  I swear,
matchChunk doesn't match any text that the rtf
contributes.  It matches if I type the word myself, or
if I copy the word from one place in the field and
paste it in another place.  It's as if rtfText is
cursed in some way that makes it invisible to the
match.  Does this sound familiar to anybody?