Copying a group

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sun Aug 3 10:42:00 EDT 2003

Ken Ray wrote:
> Well, my feeling is that if doing something manually produces a
> different result than doing something programmatically, that (IMHO) it's
> a bug.
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software
> Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
> Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Hi There,

It's probably running in this way :

The group "mygroup" (set with backgroundbehavior to true, for all over
the stack) don't lies on card 3 but on card 1 and is shared with each
cards of the stack --> the MC engine find an kind of object pointer, aka
an alias, for group "mygroup" of cd 3 and take and copy the original
needed object for where it lies in the stack : on card one...

If yes, it's not a bug but a feature and the work-around is to copy, in
two times, the group object first and, the contents of what appears in
this group object on card 3.

Hope this help ;-)

--
Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Serveurs d'applications et SGBDR (Web/PGI)
Penser et produire l'avantage compétitif