use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #1711 - 14 msgs

Stephen Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Sun Aug 3 10:34:00 EDT 2003

Hi Jacqueline,

I may be thinking about this a bit too simply but heres my 2 cents.

Copying just places the object in the clipboard for future use. I can't
really think of an instance where the copy command ever places the
copied selection, be it text or object at some other location like say
the clone command.

If you can figure out a way to do this to a copied object w/o using the
paste command I would be very interested in learning how it is done.

In an application I am currently developing I use this method
extensively to copy groups ( my groups are not backgrounds tho).  I am
wondering why you would want  to copy a group with its
backgrondBehavior true more than once in any case.  Wouldn't it be
easier to have a group with its bgBahv set to true in the destination
stack and just copy the text you need instead?

Hope this helps.

Off to the Apostle Islands for a few days off.  :-)

Regards,

Steve

Stephen R. Messimer, PA
208 1st Ave. South
Escanaba, MI 49829
www.messimercomputing.com
--
Build Computer-Based Training modules FAST with preceptorTools™ --
Coming this Fall!