Scripts in Independent Study Tutorial - A Mini-Course

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Sat Aug 2 16:02:00 EDT 2003

I've been  using Revolution for a bit more than a year now. I've gone
through the Independent Study (employee database) tutorial a couple of
times to refresh my memory on how things sort of work.

But until today I hadn't sat and read all of the scripts in that
application.

Geoff Canyon (who wrote this stuff) has produced, in his comments on
these scripts, a very good mini-tutorial in how application-level stuff
works and ought to be put together in Revolution. The comments are
extensive, lucid, and really helpful.

Somehow, they need to be more "in your face" for new developers.
Perhaps publishing the scripts and comments as a separate piece of
documentation to be read? I don't know. But I'll tell you they were
really, really valuable.

Thanks, Geoff, and the RR team!

Dan Shafer, Revolutionary
Author of forthcoming 3-book set,
"Revolution: Programming at the Speed of Thought"
http://www.revolutionpros.com for More Info