Database newbie questions

John R. Brauer drjohn at wellminds.org
Sat Aug 2 13:33:00 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I am a newbie. I am working on a project which will require that I
store data in a database (a separate record for each client, and about
six hundred fields per record). Each time it is used, it will need to
generate a new record for that client (it is a program that will
administer and score an exam of sorts) My questions:

a) which database would you suggest (I guess that Oracle, MySQL and
Valentina are my options)?

b) is there an internal way of doing this instead of one of the above
databases?

c) will the standalone app then incorporate the database functions, or
will the enduser be required to have the database in question installed
on their computer as well?

Sorry if this duplicates, I inadvertently used a wrong email address
the first time, adn do not know if it will get through the moderator
that way. Thank you much...

Sincerely,

John R. Brauer, Psy.D.
Clinical Psychologist