[OT] UML Tools for developing Revolution projects

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Sat Aug 2 08:25:01 EDT 2003

On Samstag, Aug 2, 2003, at 01:00 Europe/Vienna, Richard Gaskin wrote:

>> Omnigraffle rocks. I don't use UML for RR projects. I've tried to use
>> the UML palette for SQL projects. Although it has a UML palette, you
>> are right about getting out-of-whack: and it's a real pain to always
>> have to add a magnet to each attribute or operation you want to link
>> to.
>
> Could such a tool be made for Rev using Rev itself?

I would buy it tomorrow, or better tomorrow and 2 years, because that
seems the minimum time for you and some other great scripters, to make
such a great tool like OG (At Omni there are about 25 persons if on the
most important product (OG) are working only 30% of the staff than it
must be at least 6-8 persons...
We had this kind of threat once or twice, do you remember Richard?, but
not Omnigraffle, it was iShell. Did you try to write iShell..(maybe
iShell light) in rev..? I would buy this also tomorrow (if its rock
solid like iShell...)

NO matter which of them, OG or iShell based on the MC engine, will be
the authoring killer-app of the century..;)
But until now, I m feeling like a Pavlow dog... - only hearing the
bells but no food at all..;)

my 2 cents

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©
INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539