A call for calm and a tip of the hat to the Rev team..thanks!

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sat Aug 2 02:48:01 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 06:11, Stephen Quinn Barncard wrote:
> I'd like to come to Rev's defense here and remind some of our more
> impatient new users that this is still the 'early days' of the
> Revolution company. There are only a handful of very overworked folks
> doing a very wonderful thing- giving us a tool that is not only VERY
> innovative and useful, but one that is constantly being updated and
> improved. (I've been waiting for YEARS for something to replace HC).
>
> Perhaps the documentation is not as complete as you would like, but
> just try and envision some megalith such as Microsloth or Adobe
> building a product like this (they wouldn't even try - and if they
> did, it would cost a lot more).
>
> Those kind of companies may make slick manuals, but they don't offer
> products that are updated and improved nearly as often as what you
> see here. And those companies have HUNDREDS of employees. And try to
> get bug fixes from Adobe. Ha!
>
> CAN YOU IMAGINE what it takes to write an app that generates code for
> all the platforms?? It's never been done satisfactorily before...
> until now. Perhaps someday one of the team will write the
> story...when they have time.
>
> Also remember that this application allows more access to more things
> on your computer than the applications those companies allow you to
> get access to. With that power, there are certainly more things to go
> wrong. Multiply that by the number of platforms... you get the idea..
>
> Rev is an app that makes it a lot easier to write code, but you still
> gotta work for it - programming is still something done by folks that
> are a little more than just users....so some thinking and reasoning
> is required.
>
> So I'd advise patience, my friend. You've got a great support group
> right here - something we didn't have for Hypercard in 1987. Before
> you start spewing, ask a couple of questions first....
>
> sqb

...and i want to add that RR is still the finest XTalk available today.
We need to help the Revolution Team to know how much we are felling
lucky to have them providing us this great development environment.

Bests to all and thanks again to all of the ones whose are, day after
day, hard working to do Rev more and more suitable to our development
needs.
--
Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

Serveurs d'applications & bases ACID SQL
Penser et produire l'avantage compétitif