First CGI test... :-(

Andre Rombauts andre.rombauts at win.be
Sat Aug 2 02:31:01 EDT 2003

I put the Revolution CGI engine on my server, in the 'scripts' dir where my ISP told me to put and where other .cgi files are located. The server is running W2K.
I put in the same dir a Rev .cgi file:

#!/***/***/scripts/revolution
on startUp
  put "Hello, World!" into tResponse
  put "Content-Type: text/html" & crlf
  put "Content-Length:" & (the length of tResponse) & crlf & crlf
  put tResponse
end startup

I put in the web root dir a .htm launching the .cgi test file:

<HTML>
<BODY>
<A HREF="../scripts/testrev.cgi">Test CGI</A>
</BODY>
</HTML>

The browser returned the following error. What went wrong?
CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

external startup
external exit