Modal Box

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Tue Apr 29 13:34:02 EDT 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 Sarah <sarahr at genesearch.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Wilhelm,
>
> I couldn't access your FTP server, but I am also interested in
> constructing my own ask & answer dialogs as I need to create modal
> dialogs which time out, logging what has happened (like OkeyDokeyPro).
> What I am not sure about is how to get Rev to use my own dialogs
> instead of the usual ones. I would really prefer to be able to use the
> normal ask & answer commands with all their parameters, but I am afraid
> that I will have to write myAnswer & myAsk commands which go to my own
> dialogs instead.
>
> Has anyone implemented their own dialogs in an application and if so,
> how?
>
> Cheers,
> Sarah

Hi Sarah,

our FTP server should be accessible with any web browser (Netscape,
Explorer etc.) from anywhere, maybe it was temporarily down because of
maintenance?  Begin with "ftp://ftp.hrz.uni-kassel.de" and work the long
way down to "MetacardPractice".

Here is the full address again:

"ftp://ftp.hrz.uni-kassel.de/pub/uni-kassel/Zentraler.Medienbereich/Sanke/Metacard/MetacardPractice/".

If you indeed should have problems with the access to our server, please
give me details.

Stack "modal_dialogs" has commented scripts that show how the launching
stack and the six modal substack exchange information  using the
dialogdata property and custom properties ( or neither of these ). These
stacks were build from scratch. Maybe they provide hints how to
construct you own modal dialogs.

The new stack "newanswer-launch", which deals with the discussed "loc"
problem, contains a "newanswer" substack that is a modified
Metacard/Revolution "answer dialog" stack, but has to be started with
"modal newanswer"; one could of course add a "on newanswer" handler that
would enable users to use a format similar to that of the "answer"
command, i.e. something like

"newanswer Icon,Title,Prompt,Buttonchoices".

 The other "question" substack fulfils the function of an "ask dialog",
but it not a modified version of it. The scripts are also somewhat
commented.

Cheers,

Wilhelm