Importing graphic curved vector lines

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Apr 28 18:59:15 EDT 2003

I would like to be able to have our art director, or myself, create
graphics in illustrator which would be smooth curved paths/lines that
would later be used in animations as a vector graphic with points ala
Rev's native freehand curve too line (which is really too crude... I
couldn't find any way to make true smooth, bezier curves with it). And
then import his graphic for moving images using the "along the points
of" syntax.

I created such a line in Illustrator using the bezier curve tool, saved
it as an Illustrator 10.eps file and tried Import from the menus... EPS
is dimmed.

And, this script:

on mouseup
   answer file "choose and eps file"
   import eps from file it
end mouseup

on choosing the above created file caused Rev 2.0B2.5

to unexpectedly quit on Max OSX

A guess a simple way to ask this question is:
how does one important vector images and retain them as such?

??

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery