Speed of get line from field vs. get line from global

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Apr 21 18:48:00 EDT 2003

Hi Jim,

As Jeanne has said, variables are always quicker than fields. If you
want to do some tests, there is a stack at my web site that runs
through some useful techniques for speeding up scripts, with timed
tests for each tip.

Richard Gaskin at FourthWorld, also has a RevBench stack which allows
you to do timing tests on your scripts.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au