Tabbed Buttons & Cards Question

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Mon Apr 21 15:44:00 EDT 2003

At 5:13 PM -0700 4/17/03, Jim Biancolo wrote:
>I'd like to create an interface with two tabbed buttons.  Clicking Tab A
>should bring up a data entry form where the user can create multiple
>records (I've prototyped this using the backgroundBehavior such that each
>"record" is a card) .  Clicking Tab B should bring up a different data
>entry form where the user can create a single record.  The thing that I
>can't figure out is how to have a "many cards" group in one tab, and a
>"single card" group on another tab.  Is such a thing possible?

Create a tabbed button with two tabs, A and B.

Group this button (so it's the only item in the group).

Place the group on all the cards. You will need to adjust the layer to make
sure it's behind the card-specific controls.

Add a menuPick handler to the tabbed button's script to go to the
appropriate card when you click a tab.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/