DT interface widget

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Mon Apr 21 08:37:01 EDT 2003

On Sunday, April 20, 2003, at 11:56  AM, Ken Norris wrote:

> Hello Revvers,
>
> What I want to do is inexpensively create a software input emulator
> interface with lots of options for the handicapped that can control the
> computer, and therefore many other apps, through the OS. It must
> reside on
> the DT, ride over all other apps, and be able to control them in place
> of
> ordinary input devices, with options like single-switch operations,
> button
> detection templates with speech feedback, and special cursor
> movement/dwell
> control.
>
> Can I build such an interface with Rev? If so, I may be able to give
> up my
> day job sooner. If not I will investigate Apple's 'Project
> Builder"/"Interface Builder" apps (but that's not xPlatform).

Sounds interesting!

My opinion: It isn't possible in to do it completely in Revo. A lot of
your code will be totally platform specific. You will end up coding
with device driver C/C++ interfaces in Mac OS or Windows. This article
might be interesting for the Mac OS X side of things. Looks like voodoo
to me...

http://www.obdev.at/developers/articles/00001.html
http://www.obdev.at/products/iject/index.html

On MacOS, if you had keyboard and mouse capturing, then you could use
applescript to control most apps. Donnow what the equivalent, if any,
is on Win32.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com