Hide/Show objects - speed issue

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Apr 19 13:11:01 EDT 2003

Barry Levine wrote:

> I have a number of image objects that I need to hide and show at
> particular times. What would be the most rapid method of doing so?
> Currently I'm calling a separate script in my stack which locks the
> screen, sets the visible of the images to false (using a loop), and
> unlocks the screen. Even so, it seems to take about two seconds to hide
> six images. Any ideas?

If you need to hide and show all of them at once you could group them and
then just hide or show the group in one line.

WebMerge has 184 controls on its one-card main window, each in a different
group depending on which tab is selected.  Hiding and showing the gorups as
needed has been very fast and easy to work with.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation