Rev as Front End to Command Line

Todd Geist todd at geistinteractive.com
Wed Apr 9 12:38:00 EDT 2003

I have a very general question.  I know almost nothing about Rev's
capabilites.

I would like to create a UI to a database server that runs on Linux,
MacOSX and Windows.  All configuration and management is done the
through the command line.  I am wondering if Rev could be used to build
a UI that could run all the command lines interpret the responses and
moves files around on the server. Ideally you could use the app to
connect to a remote server or one on the same box.

We currently have an HTML interface that does all this using perl
scripts.  I would love to build a much more polished interface using
Rev if it was possible

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Todd