Speed of RR vs SuperCard

livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 9 07:18:02 EDT 2003

Folks,  I am not looking for any kind of controversy or X-talk war, but I would like to know if anyone has done any speed comparisons between Revolution and SuperCard (on Mac platforms of course). I'd always believed that Revo would be faster, since it's more thoroughly compiled than SC, but recently I've re-written one of my SC apps in Revo, and a tester reports that it runs 'like treacle' on an old Mac (pre-G3, running MacOS8.6). Of course I will investigate this further myself, and may well find horrendouse coding mistakes or whatever, but I wondered if anyone else has done any recent work on this. Personally I am very fond of SuperCard and will still use it for Mac-only projects, but equally I am highly impressed by Runtime Revolution and am very happy with its cross-plaftorm capabilities. Just need some objective comparisons for different styles of app.

TIA

Graham