Streaming media (Richard?)

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Apr 9 04:29:01 EDT 2003

Richard,

On XP and RR 1.5 and 2.0 beta

set the filename of player 1 to "C:/test.mov"
works fine.

set the filename of player 1 to URL "file:C:/test.mov"
crashes the environment.

test.mov is a progressive mov. I would like to be able to:

set the filename of player 1 to URL
"http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit/KenRay/test.mov" and have it begin to
playback almost instantly (on a fast connection).

but this doesn't work either. So...how do you stream video from the web to a
RR/MC client?

-Chipp