Conway's Game of Life

Ro Nagey ro.nagey at verizon.net
Tue Apr 8 12:49:06 EDT 2003

You've never seen the *EVIL* Mr. Nagey when that happens! Bruhahaha! ;)

Seriously, though, Rev is such a rich environment that, for a 12-14
year-old, it's easier to begin with existing projects. For the
old-timers, that was one of the cool things about the Home Stack when
HC first came out. You could modify it and learn programming without
having to sketch out the entire project in advance. I wonder how HC
would have been received if there hadn't been the Home Stack and the
handful of example stacks. I remember just about everyone starting
there then writing their own address book and Finder replacement as
their first 'real' projects. ;)

Ro