VS: Revolution 2.0 Beta Now Available - And Special Offer

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Mon Apr 7 06:42:01 EDT 2003

On 7/4/03 7:13 am, Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here's a link to the email Kevin posted to the
> use-revolution mailing list in november that explained
> this situation :
> http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2002-November/009868.html
>
> In short: if you bought Revolution before Oct 26 2001,
> you will have to renew your license ; otherwise your
> license code will unlock version 2.0.
> However, if you bought Revolution in June 2002, and
> version 2.1 ships in October 2003, then you will not
> be able to unlock version 2.1.
>
> And before anyone starts thinking 'Microsoftian
> practices' when they hear the word 'subscription' :
> you will still be able to use your version 1.x.x and
> version 2.0 after your subscription expires.

I can confirm all that.  We've backdated the 2.0 upgrade a very long way
back.  So this is a non-issue for all.  But if you choose to renew now, you
get manuals.

Also, the printing problem is fixed.  The problem was using a font that only
existed on screen and not on the printer on Windows 98 / ME systems.  We
added fontNames("printer") so you can get a list of fonts actually available
and use one of those.  The revPrintField also uses this automatically.

The network printer issue is also fixed.  As is the blank lines issue on XP
in our print field code.  It is essential you set the formatForPrinting
property to true after the user has chosen a printer (using answer printer).
Don't save a stack with that property set to true, or if in doubt, set it to
false then true as the command immediately before the print command.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited: Software at the Speed of Thought
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.