Robots & RunRev?

Bruce Robertson bfr at nwlink.com
Sat Apr 5 20:00:01 EST 2003

> I just hooked up with an 8 year-old through the Big Brother, Big
> Sister program who is interested in robots.
>
> Anyone had any experience with interfacing RunRev with a robot? Maybe
> through the serial port?

Look into the Lego stuff. The Lego Mindstorms software is Windows only; but
RoboLab is x-plat. The RCX "brick" (controlller) doesn't care which
appllication the instructions come from. You can find it at Pitsco, USA
distributor for Lego education products. Robolab is based on National
Instruments Labview. It's quite an amazing application. Robolab is
scriptable, though I haven't tried scripting it.

If you look at the Mindstorms web site, you'll find people have done
fascinating things with this system. Photocopier; 3D coordinate measurment
machine; Lego machine guns; etc.

PITSCO:
http://www.pitsco.com

Robolab catalog link: