weird behavior

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Thu Apr 3 16:28:01 EST 2003

On Thu Apr 3  Chris Sheffield wrote:

> I'm having a problem with Rev 1.1.1 IDE on Windows.
> This just started happening yesterday.  Up until then
> everything was fine.  Whenever I build a standalone,
> close the Rev IDE and then try to open it again, it
> acts as if something has been uninstalled and the
> Windows installer runs.  Eventually I get prompted to
> locate some file that's in a temp directory, which of
> course doesn't exist, so the installation fails.  If I
> re-run the Rev installation, it fixes the problem, but
> then I have to re-enter my license code.  And if I
> build another standalone, same thing again.
>
> I cannot for the life of me figure out what's going
> on.  I don't know if some critical file is getting
> deleted or what.  Are there some registry entries that
> I could check?  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be
> grateful.
>
> Chris Sheffield
> Read Naturally

The problem might be that  (withWindows) the Revolution installation
file and the installed Revolution engine both are named
"revolution.exe".

You run into this problem if you create a folder, put the downloaded
Revolution file into that folder, and then install Revolution into that
same folder. Leave the installation file outside your final Revolution
folder and install from there.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke