Copyright Symbol in Stack Label

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Apr 3 11:50:00 EST 2003

>I got as far as pasting the correct symbol into the Label space in
>the properties, but the stack still puts an "a" with "~" over it
>instead of a circle with a c in it. I learned that it's charToNum
>227 I'm after, but don't know how that fact helps me!

Hi Suzanne,

Perhaps numToChar(227) [note you referenced the reverse function
above] is not the correct value for your platform:

numToChar(129) through numToChar(256) represent different characters
in ASCII (read "on Macs") than in ANSI (or ISO) (read "on Windows &
Unix").

See macToIso & isoToMac in the Rev dictionary.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company