restricting chars in a field

mark mitchell cowhead at mac.com
Thu Sep 26 12:03:50 EDT 2002

robert wrote:

> Appreciate any  suggestions that would replace the following script,
> that I used in SuperCard, to one in Revolution.  Want to enter only
> certain chars into a field.

I'm sure there are many ways, but one way I have used to do this is to
use a CARD script, instead of a field, and only pass the keydown message
if the appropriate key is pressed

eg.

on keyDown whichkey
if the focusedObject is myField then -- this should let you have
different key restrictions for multiple fields on 1 								card, but I never
got it to work :-)  Requires long ID of the field...
if whichKey is theKeyYouWant then --  can also use 'is not'  'is among'
etc here, you don't need numToChar or 							anything here...just type the
keyname straight eg. "y"
pass keydown
end if
else