rename problem

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Sep 23 09:39:01 EDT 2002

Gareth,

There might be a file name length limitation. Try temporarily changing the
NewName to something short ("Watersons") and see if it works. If it does,
you know it's a length limitation; if it doesn't, you could try checking to
make sure the path exists before doing the rename, as in:

  if there is a file NewName then
    -- (do your stuff here)
  else
    answer "File not found."