Performance Issues With "Move" Command

Jim Biancolo webmaster at listology.com
Wed Sep 18 23:57:00 EDT 2002

Hi folks,

Thanks for the helpful responses to my "Looping Over Groups" thread.  I
have one more question and then I think I'm all set for awhile . . . I'm
having a very hard time getting the "move" command to perform
adequately.  Is this common?  Specifically, here's what I've tried:

I have a simple red circle image (an "Import as Control" jpg).  This moves
easily and well:

    move image "o01" to 200,200 in 2 seconds

Creating three such images and moving them all sequentially also works well:

    move image "o01" to 200,200 in 2 seconds
    move image "o02" to 200,200 in 2 seconds
    move image "o03" to 200,200 in 2 seconds

But when I try to move them simultaneously things kinda fall apart:

    set the lockMoves to true
    move image "o01" to 200,200 in 2 seconds
    move image "o02" to 200,200 in 2 seconds
    move image "o03" to 200,200 in 2 seconds
    set the lockMoves to false

It takes a few seconds for anything to happen at all.  Then the first image
flickers from its current position to 200,200 without traversing the space
in-between (no animation).  Then the second, and then the third do the same
thing.  The don't move, they skip.  And they don't do so simultanously as
I'd expect.  Any advice on how to get simultaneous motion to perform?  I'm
running on a PIII 500Mhz.

BTW, Quicktime or the Animation Manager probably won't work for me
(although I'm not positive) as I ultimately want to let the user
click-and-drag these images to various points to create their own animation
paths.

Thanks!

Jim

P.S.