Trouble printing Rev documentation using an HP Deskjet 720c in Windows (ME)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Sep 16 13:40:00 EDT 2002

Robert John Warren wrote:

> Since you have asked whether anyone else has had trouble printing the Rev
> documentation using an HP printer, I should tell you that quite a long time
> ago I exchanged a series of e-mails with Kevin about the trouble I was
> having. In my case, some of the lines were being printed in a font size so
> small that it was impossible to read them without a magnifying glass! I have
> a Deskjet 720c (NOT a network printer) and I use only Windows (ME). My
> printer driver was (and still is) an old one, but at the time I could not
> follow Kevin's advice to install a later driver because one was simply not
> available for my printer. Nowadays, a new driver exists, but I have not
> bothered to try it because my old driver works perfectly well with ALL other
> applications (without exception) and it seems unreasonable to me to be
> expected to install a new driver just on the chance that it might work with
> Revolution.

FWIW, after working with Rev since before it was released and MetaCard
since '97, in my experience all non-scripting-related issues with printing
have been resolved by using the most recent printer drivers.

I can't begin to guess what odd things other programs are doing to get
around the printer driver bugs from earlier releases, but since a new
version has been made available someone out there must have found the bug(s)
from another app, so at least you're not alone.

Thus far with all printing bugs reported here, following the printer
manufacturer's recommendation to use the most recent driver took care of any
such bugs reported.

Worth trying, anyway.

--
 Richard Gaskin