frequent awkward need to use the "do" command

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Sep 8 17:14:01 EDT 2002

You shouldn't have to, Brad. I created two buttons on a card, with the first
button having a custom prop called "test" that contained the word "hello".
In the other button was this script:

on mouseUp
  put the long id of btn 1 into tBtn
  put the test of tBtn into temp
  answer temp
end mouseUp

and up came "hello" in the answer box. Is it perhaps the way the object
identifier you have is being used (i.e. something that is not the long id of
the object)?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com