Lag after button click

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Fri Sep 6 21:54:00 EDT 2002

On Saturday, Sep 7, 2002, at 12:28 Australia/Sydney, Ken Ray wrote:

> Thomas,
>
> The problem is that when you click twice, the second click is being
> treated
> as a double-click. So to get everything, do this:
>
> (BTW: In Rev you don't need to say "card field", you can just say
> "field".)
>
> on mouseUp
>   put "1" after field "data"
> end mouseUp
>
> on mouseDoubleUp
>   put "1" after field "data"  -- If you want the same thing
> end mouseDoubleUp

Ken

I have mouse double-click rate set to maximum. My click rate was _much_
slower than required to highlight a word (for example) using a
double-click, yet I can still lose clicks (or every third click, with
your code) after waiting for the visual response before clicking again.
This seems inconsistent with behaviour of other applications.. I can
not create this problem in HC but presumably that is just getting more
attention from the OS.

regards
David