Using a database cursor

Trevor DeVore trevor at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Sep 5 10:10:01 EDT 2002

I read your first email too quickly and didn't notice you wanted to use column numbers rather than column names.  So if you wanted to map the results from a database query to an array in Rev then you could do something like this:

put 1 into iteration
repeat while revdb_iseof(dbCursor) is false
    put revdb_columnbynumber(dbResult, 1) into dbArray[iteration, "Name"]
    put revdb_columnbynumber(dbResult, 2) into dbArray[iteration, "Login"]

    get revdb_movenext(dbResult)
    add 1 to iteration
end repeat

If you go to Help -> Revolution Documentation -> Transcript Language Dictionary and select "Database" from the Show dropdown menu it shows all the database related functions which is really helpful.

Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com