Using a database cursor

sschofield sschofield at computing.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Sep 5 09:15:01 EDT 2002

I've openend up a database connection and want to map the data. I've set up
my cursor but how do I now use it?

put "SELECT * FROM tblName WHERE tblName.Login = '" & field "login" & "'"
into strSql
get revdb_query(field "dbID",strSql)

This seems to be fine, but I can only get it to return things like how many
records. How do I get eg the first field of the first record in the cursor?
I tried

put item 1 of line 1 of it into field "MyMessage"

But it didn't like that. Also, how do I rename the cursor?
I tried

  rsLogin = get revdb_query(field "dbID",strSql)

But no joy. (As you may have guessed by now, I'm trying to rewrite a VB on
Access application).
Also, any chance of right clicking the mouse bringing up copy/paste rather
than a definition of the item?