QuickTime Frame capture AND WinTV

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Thu Sep 5 02:42:01 EDT 2002

At 7:31 AM -0700 9/4/2002, Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com wrote:
>Does anybody at RunTime have an idea of how to use Revolution to capture a
>video field that is displaying on the desktop (as an image)?
>>
>> Is it possible to do the same or something similar using video input
>cards
>> like WinTV (PC)?  I have tried import snapshot, but the video field is
>> replaced by a solid area that is magenta color (no picture).

If WinTV is bypassing the normal video routines and writing direct to the
screen - and it sounds like that's what it's doing from the symptom you
report - then there probably is no simple way to capture what it's
displaying.

(Some video programs do this as a copy-control measure to prevent people
from making screen grabs.)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/