pb with revdb_execute

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 5 06:45:01 EDT 2002

Hi Sylvain,

If you're using MySQL and trying to read in a slew of
data coming from a file, then you might want to have a
look at its LOAD DATA command or the mysqlimport
utility (which is essentially just a convenient
front-end for the LOAD DATA command).

The LOAD DATA syntax is:
LOAD DATA [LOCAL] INFILE filename INTO TABLE tablename
[FIELDS [TERMINATED BY 'char'] [ENCLOSED BY 'char']]
[LINES TERMINATED BY 'char'] [IGNORE n LINES]
[(column1, column2, ...)]

Example:
LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'c:/temp/cust.txt' INTO TABLE
customer FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' (title, fname,
lname, addressline, town, zipcode, phone)

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish
at the same time."

--- Sylvain_Le_Gourriérec