Icons on OS X

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sun Sep 1 19:20:01 EDT 2002

On Sunday, September 1, 2002, at 07:53  PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> My lack of Mac experience requires me to ask how to do this. I tried
> downloading ResEdit as advised by the Iconographer docs but it crashed
> on OS
> X 10.1.4
> Any step by step instructions including apps needed would be most
> welcome.

Richard's instructions are good, but I find it a real shame that as much
as Rev does for you along the way - it leaves you in the lurch for this
very crucial stage. You can do practically everything from within the
environment - and then when it comes time to distribute, out comes the
cryptic pList editor...

ResEdit is NOT a good choice under OSX, it is REALLY showing it age now,
and is ill prepared to deal with bundles. The plist editor supplied with
apple development tools is OK for this, but something is still
missing... perhaps a step by step recipe. Ken Ray gave us some good
insights a while back, but unfortunately, once you start to tear apart
the Rev build, it gets pretty ugly. The really sad part is that we found
editing the Windows registry using the Transcript tools FAR easier than
getting the same functions to work in OSX - but of course, Rev provides
no real help there.

--
Troy
RPSystems, LTD