Bug in Independent Study App?

Dan Shafer dan at danshafer.com
Wed Oct 23 03:17:01 EDT 2002

I have been running through the Independent Study tutorial again to
refresh my memory on a few points. I noted this before but I don't
recall if I reported it or if it's been reported earlier. But a
tutorial really needs to *work* correctly to be useful and this one
doesn't.

One minor problem. When you add a new picture to the stack by
clicking on the button where images are displayed, the stack does not
return to run mode. It is left in editing mode. Clearly not great
design.

The bigger problem is that on my OS X system at least, I cannot get
the images to "stick." I load an image, then I go to another card and
load an image. (I'm using the technique of clicking on the button
where the image is supposed to go, then selecting the image.) No
matter what I do, I can only get one image into the stack/app at one
time. The last one I load displays. All the others fail to do so.

This has been around a while. Someone really needs to fix it!
--
Dan Shafer