Database vs Cards

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Oct 14 10:57:01 EDT 2002

>I mentioned recently that I have another app to transfer. It contains about
a thousand
>cards in one background plus other backgrounds for help information,
storing certain lists >and summaries and so on. Planning it, I was groping
towards an interface-and-data model
>(without wishing to go right to an SQL database, although I have done that
before with an
>HC front end), so I am finding your comments on this pretty interesting.
Anyone else like
>to comment on the worth of such a transition? Or whether I should even go
straight to
>Valentina for 1,000-2,000 records? They are normally accessed individually
for single
>update rather than reported or modified en masse.

>regards
>David

David, I might try to create an XML database and either write a parser, or
(if using 1.5 or greater) use the native XML stuff. If written correctly the
first time, it should be reusable for your other projects. I believe the
native parser is extremely fast.

BTW -- a bit OT, do you have any more info or links to info on the Genetic
Algorithm you created recently? I saw your post and it piqued my interest!

Chipp