Anyone know how to prevent this type mismatch error?

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Fri Oct 11 18:00:01 EDT 2002

Sarah - - - thanks so much for this script.   I've hit one stumbling block
that's keeping it from running, and no one seems to know how to fix it - - -
was wondering if someone on this list might:

The problem is with this line:

if (class of configuration i of config) is (TCPIP v4 configuration)

appleScript is complaining of a type mismatch problem.   I thought perhaps
putting

if (class of configuration i of config) as string is (TCPIP v4 configuration)

might fix the problem, but that gave me a syntax error.   I've only been
scripting for about 2 months.   Would anyone happen to know how to solve such
type-matching errors?   The impression I get is that you can't compare a
string to a class.

- Rob