Where can I learn about Applescript and Revolution?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 15:09:01 EDT 2002

--- RGould8 at aol.com wrote:
> I'm trying to find "Applescript" in the Revolution
> documentation, and how to
> go about making Applescript calls and reacting to
> Apple Events - - - can
> anyone point me to a web-site or tell me where in
> the docs I could find more
> details on how this is done?

Hi there, and welcome to RunRev.

If you want to execute a piece of AppleScript code,
use the 'do' command. Example:

  put "tell application" && quote & "Finder" && \
    quote & return into tAppleScript
  put "select the startup disk" & return after \
    tAppleScript
  put "end tell" after tAppleScript
  do tAppleScript as AppleScript

If you want to capture AppleEvents being sent to your
RunRev application, you'll need to handle the
'appleEvent' message. Example:

on appleEvent pClass, pID, pSender
  answer "Received AppleEvent of class" && \
    pEventClass && "and ID" && pEventType && \
    "from" && pSender
  pass appleEvent -- move it up the message chain
end appleEvent

To learn more about AppleScript in general, visit the
website http://www.applescriptcentral.com

There are a few entries in the use-revolution archive,
so you might want to search around there as well.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====
"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish
at the same time."  (La Rochefoucauld)