Representing structured trees and lists in Rev (was expert system toolkits?)

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Tue Oct 8 16:29:01 EDT 2002

JESS is a java clone of CLIPS. http://www.ghg.net/clips/CLIPS.html

> And it has been a long, long time since I have worked with expert
> systems.  Yet, I have and I have built some and some more general
> theorem provers.  However, all of those have been in a Lisp
> environment.  With that prejudice, this comes to mind...
>
> Something like that (done the way I have done it in the past) would
> need some rich method representing information.  That brings up
> something I have been wondering about.

I've been wondering how to do this in Rev as well. The Rev
getProp/setProp feature seems like it provides encapsulation, but how
does one create a list or tree of objects?

CLIPS has it's own syntax for expressing rules and statements.

There is also an XML schema for knowledge representation and query,
which might be the best way to go for a new project in terms of using a
"standard".

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at swcp.com
alex_rice at arc.to