Q. about validating/formatting user input

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Thu Oct 3 19:19:00 EDT 2002

In Cocoa/ObjC there is this concept of NSFormatter, which both
validates user input from a text field, and also formats display of the
content. Is there any similar thing in Rev?

In Rev, what I am thinking about doing is using the keyDown message and
regex matching to validate the input and allowing or disallowing the
keystroke that way. However, how can one extent that to entire classes
or textfields. Seems like it would involve a property and using the
message path, and I have an idea, but haven't been using rev long
enough... what's the most elegant way to do this?

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at swcp.com
alex_rice at arc.to